Erin also surprised us by asking if Sofia could be her flower girl and of course we were thrilled. It was Sofia’s first wedding and she and her cousin Nicky walked down the aisle together. I can’t believe that I was so busy taking photos of Erin that I completely missed Sofia walking down the aisle! Erin has a photographer friend who took the wedding photos but I also tried to get as many as I could for Erin. I also figured it was good practice to work on my photography. Aunt Peggy told me that she would get copies of the photos of Sofia & Nicky walking down the aisle for me, so that made me very happy. John told me how cute they were and said that Sofia stopped midway down the aisle and started waving to grandma and everyone else at the wedding. The guests at the wedding started laughing and clapping and I MISSED IT!!! Oh well.
John and I were driving in Mt. Pleasant and John saw a shop called Girly Girl and John thought we should go in, I saw the cutest silk dress for Sofia and looked at the price tag…$122…YIKES! There was no way we would ever spend that much on a dress for her but luckily it was 70% off, so we got it for only $37!!! They only had a 6M and 2T dress left and Sofia wears a 2T. I love a deal. I had brought another dress for Sofia to wear at the wedding, but since we got a great deal, she wore her new dress. She is also going to wear it to the big readoption day celebration in 2 weeks. Grandma & Grandpa S. are attending as well. Grandma S. is our lawyer for Sofia’s readoption, so that makes it even more special to us.
I have been so busy lately and have missed visiting my favorite blogs and hope to catch up this weekend. Below are some photos from Erin’s wedding, I used various Photoshop actions on them.
~7 random things:
1. I am my own worst critic. I never think that anything that I do is really good enough. I am trying hard to work on my self-doubt.
2. I really love Diet Coke. I drink way too much of it, but it gets me through the day.
3. I also LOVE Photoshop! There is nothing more relaxing to me than being creative and designing things with Photoshop.
4. I am color blind. It is more common for males to be color blind, but I tested positive for it during grade school. I can see colors fine but I sometimes have a hard time deciding if various shades of the color are one color or another. For example, I have trouble differentiating between certain shades of pink and orange.
5. The first and only time I ever attended a Bingo game I won $1,000. It was the 2nd largest jackpot of the night and I accidentally bought an extra card not realizing I already had a card and that was the card that won. After I won that jackpot in Rock Hill, SC, I decided that I would leave and have not played bingo since. I don’t want to screw up my winning record.
6. I am crazy about photography. Even when I was young I would shoot roles of film with my little 35mm and with the invention of the digital camera, it has gotten so much easier to take photos.
7. I am not a shoe or clothes girl (although I do love handbags). I would much rather receive a technology gift. John knows that computers, external hard drives and cameras are my favorite kind of gifts.
If you are reading this, consider yourself tagged too. Please leave a comment below so I can read your answers.